Welcome to the Community Writing Center's Annual 30 Poems in 30 Days Writing Competition! Write 30 poems based on daily prompts throughout the month of April. Winners will have a chapbook of their original poems produced by the CWC. Prompts will be posted each morning in April to the CWC's Facebook (@CommunityWritingCenter) and Instagram (@slcc_cwc) accounts.
- Registration is required. Register online. Registration is free and must be completed by April 30, 2020.
- Each submission must be original poetry written within the 30 days of the competition (April 2020) and related to daily prompts.
- Please title the entire submission (all 30 poems combined). Titles for individual poems are optional.
- Number individual poems in accordance with the day the prompt was posted. For example, a poem written for a prompt posted on April 6th should be labeled with the number 6.
- All 30 poems must be saved into one file. Do NOT put your name anywhere on the poems.
- Submissions (all 30 poems combined) should not exceed 4000 words.
- Submission is due on Saturday, May 9th by 11:59 p.m. MDT
Judging and Awards
- Judges will award a “Winner” and an “Honorable Mention” in both youth (18 and under) and adult categories, yet reserve the right to adjust awards as necessary.
- Winners in each category will be notified (via email) by May 25, 2020.
- Honorable Mention in each category will receive a gift card.
- The Winner in each category will receive a gift card plus 20 custom chapbooks of your submissions to distribute amongst your loyal fans.